L-Carnitine is an amino acid that is produced endogenously in the body. It plays an important role in energy generation, as well as muscle movement, brain and heart function, and several other physiological processes.
Here are a number of indications for L-carnitine:
• Helps build muscle strength
• Slows down bone loss by decreasing bone turnover
• Lyme disease
• Heart and blood vessel-related conditions, including:
a) heart attack
b) congestive heart failure
c) chest pain
e) high cholesterol
f) intermittent claudication
• Male infertility
• Improves diabetes control by increasing glucose uptake, storage, and oxidation
• Chronic fatigue syndrome
• It is an antioxidant that helps prevent free radical-induced damage
L-Carnitine is usually compounded with other amino acids in an effort to maximize the benefits and end results. However, it is usually administered alone to stimulate weight loss. The patient’s prescribing physician will determine the exact dosage and treatment protocol. Generally, when administered alone L-carnitine is given once every 1–2 days. When compounded with other amino acids or formulations, the protocol can vary dramatically.
At AAI Rejuvenation Clinic, our L-carnitine comes in 10 ml vials that do not need to be refrigerated. As long as it is kept in a cool, dry spot there should be no issues with its efficacy.