Testosterone is What Exactly? … A Simple Explanation.
Testosterone is What Exactly? Testosterone is a hormone. It is mostly instrumental in sexual reproduction and development in men. The National Institute of Health respects testosterone injections as the most important male hormone.
An androgen is any natural or synthetic compound, usually a steroid hormone, which stimulates or controls the development and maintenance of male characteristics. Testosterone, Testosterone is What Exactly in its natural or synthetic state, belongs to this class of male hormones.
Naturally, testosterone is produced in:
- Testicles (the great majority)
- Adrenal glands (much smaller quantities)
Synthetic compounds may come from:
- Testosterone Pills/Capsules
- Testosterone Troches
- Subcutaneously injected pellets
- and others
Do women have Testosterone?
- Women produce testosterone as well. However, they do so in much lower numbers.
- Women’s total testosterone levels are about a tenth to a twentieth of men’s levels.
- Women need much less testosterone than men but it is absolutely essential to them for a healthy life.
How does Testosterone Work?
- Pituitary Gland
In order, the initiating signal starts in the hypothalamus. That signal is sent to the pituitary gland. From the pituitary, the signal is directed straight to the testicles through chemicals and hormones that work as instruction and delivery systems in the bloodstream.
- Even before a baby boy is born, testosterone is fast at work in the development of his male sex organs.
- During infancy, boys experience one of the highest surges in testosterone levels a person will ever experience in their entire life.
- At puberty, testosterone is deeply involved in the development of secondary sexual characteristics.
- – Deepening of the voice.
- – Development of Adam’s apple.
- – Growth and development of penis.
- – Growth and development of testicles.
- – Growth and development of facial hair.
- – Growth and development of body hair.
As a man matures, testosterone is significantly implicated in advancing the stages of his:
- – Sex drive.
- – Sperm production.
- – Distribution of fat.
- – Development and maintenance of lean muscle mass.
- – Red cell production.
- – Much, much more
As it’s easy to see, testosterone is ominously important for the overall health and development of a man throughout the course of his entire life.
What Happens to Testosterone?
As we age, testosterone levels decline. Now, because it’s so important in the maintenance and overall health of our muscles, which includes the most important muscle of all, the heart, and the main male systems of operation and reproduction, declining levels of this vital hormone manifest themselves as the deterioration of that person’s quality of life. Furthermore, it signifies the early stages of the horrid disease we call aging.
How Can I Know My Testosterone Levels?
We can help with this. There is no further obligation for any person interested in simply understanding their testosterone levels with AAI Rejuvenation Clinic. In fact, we try to make the process as simple and discreet as possible for any needing patients. We can either send you to a nearby testing center (LabCorp/Quest Diagnostics). Those results would be received as quickly as 48 hours. We can, as well, send an actual phlebotomist to a patient’s home or office to collect the specimen, if said patient rather ensures that kind of convenience. For the patient that may require extra privacy, we can even send self-use at-home testing kits, which are virtually pain-free. Most importantly, they are very easy to use. Once you follow the instructions and send in your sample, you can expect result details within 11 days. Once a patient receives their blood results, they are entitled to a free consultation regarding the details contained therein. Should that patient decide the results warrant therapy, we will happily guide them through the rest of the qualification process so they can be quoted based on their individual needs. Even beyond the quote, there is no obligation. Therapies are organized and prescribed at the patient’s pace and availability.
What is Testosterone Therapy?
Let’s begin with what testosterone is not. Our extensive experience with treating patients that had been on testosterone therapy before they came to us has shown us that there is a major misconception. Even amongst testosterone users, most people don’t truly understand what testosterone therapy truly is, what it’s supposed to do, and how it actually works.
- Testosterone is What Exactly? is not fuel – taking more in an effort to get an ‘extra boost’, may cause an opposite effect. Too much
- Testosterone induces extra aromatization (conversion to estrogen), which will make a man sluggish and tired.
- Testosterone is What Exactly? is not energy – injecting testosterone will not promote a surge of energy.
- It must be metabolized and processed by the body before it can incite any biological reaction.
- Testosterone is What Exactly? is not an aphrodisiac.
- Testosterone is What Exactly? is not an optimization shot.
Someone tired in the morning has a cup of coffee. After 10 minutes, they notice they are still very tired and sluggish. What do they do? Have another cup of coffee, of course. They get an extra Umph. Coffee affects the central nervous system, as does any stimulator/energy drink/tablet/powder/herb, which gives the assimilation of having energy.
~ Testosterone does not do this. It simply does not work that way. It is nothing more than an oil in your body until your liver processes and metabolizes it into its biologically available components ~
Let’s discuss what testosterone is. What it actually does:
- Testosterone incites biological actions in the body.
- The point is to return levels back to youthful ones, and maintaining them there so the body can react to them and promote the changes patients read about, which entice them to participate in therapy.
- Excessive amounts of Testosterone will only incite extra radicle physiological stimulations. These actions include:
– Excessive water retention
– Increased/abnormal aromatization
– Mood swings
– Libido/erectile issues
– Muscle growth and development via water-bloated muscles. Not strong, rigid muscles.
- Testosterone must be metabolized by different testosterone sensitive tissues in the body, such as the skin, the prostate, and our muscles, and used by them for development and regeneration.
- The correct, adequate levels of Testosterone incite additional biochemical reactions in the brain stimulating neurological functions, which enhance mood, perception, acuity and cognitive functionality. (Testosterone abuse may promote the opposite biological responses)
- Testosterone is What Exactly? Is an incomparable antioxidant to the heart. Second-to-none, at appropriate blood levels.
- Testosterone levels maintained at youthful levels reflective of a person in their 20’s may provide the perfect biological responses in the body to make participating men feel as if they are actually in that age group, in almost all regards.
What can I expect from a correctly proportioned Testosterone Protocol?
Patients that are following their AAI physician organized protocol as delineated and regarding their intake, as well as weekly physical activity, can expect the following from Testosterone injectable therapy:
- An increase in sex drive
- An increase in erection frequency
- An increase in erection rigidity
- Heightened penile sensitivity
- Accelerated muscle development
- Significantly improved energy
- Quicker recovery time between fitness routines
- Deeper more restful sleep
- A balancing and enhancing of moods
- A heightened sense of wellbeing and self-esteem
- Greater cardiac functionality
- Greater physical output and stamina
- Increased sense of assuredness and wherewithal
- A boost in mental capacities and cognitive function
- Clearer thoughts with more positive attitudes.
- Increased sense of initiative
- Decreased levels of procrastination
- And you can definitely expect others to notice.