Cabbage (Red or Purple)
Cabbage Health Benefits
Cabbage health benefits are seldom discussed. The truth is, this cruciferous (of the family Brassicaceae) vegetable has some impressive healing potential that shouldn’t be overlooked. Cabbage health benefits are being researched for their demonstrated capacity to aid in the fight against cancer. Specifically, fermented cabbage is an excellent source of a potent phytochemical called Indole-3-Carbinol. For short, it is termed I3C. It is I3C that is the known cancer fighting and stomach healing component. Regarding the reversal of cancer, I3C is converted into a substance called “DIM.” Scientists suggest this is the primary compound that activates immunity to help with that process.
Cabbage Health Benefits, the Facts:
- Fermented cabbage is also a great source of naturally occurring probiotics (beneficial bacteria) and enzymes. Sauerkraut is probably the most well-known fermented cabbage
- Cabbage contains thyroid inhibitors (goitrogens), but fermenting the cabbage removes this feature almost entirely.
- Eating fermented vegetables allows us to receive a specific lactic acid that promotes the growth of healthy flora and creates hydrogen peroxide to oxygenate the blood.
- Cabbage has an ability to heal ulcers. The reason is, our stomach is made of Glutamine and cabbage is particularly high in this tissue building amino acid.
Testosterone Therapy & Cabbage?
Yes, cabbage health benefits extend to helping maintain healthy hormone levels. If you are on testosterone therapy, you want to pay particular attention to making sure cabbage is incorporated in your daily diet. We know that testosterone injections therapy elevates low testosterone levels. We also know that testosterone converts into estrogen so, the more testosterone we have, the more estrogen we end up having if proper precautions are not taken. A testosterone regimen should come complete with estrogen blockers. That being said, naturally aiding the body to appropriately process estrogen helps ensure getting the most benefits from a testosterone program while keeping away side effects. It is the elevated levels of estrogen that mainly cause the dreaded side effects associated with a misappropriated testosterone therapy protocol:
• Weight gain
• Water retention
• Mood Swings
• Gynocomastia (developed breast tissue in men)
• Also, unmetabolized estrogen is being understood as an initiator to prostate cancer.
Cabbage health benefits for men on testosterone are undeniable. The same cancer fighting and stomach-healing element found in fermented cabbage also help to increase the metabolism of estrogen: I3C. It would be recommended that men on testosterone therapy consume at least 2 tablespoons of fermented cabbage every day. Also, once the I3C converts to DIM, it promotes a specific two-fold response particularly important to men on testosterone therapy. DIM reduces unmetabolized estrogen while increasing 2-hydroxy-estrogens. This reduces elevations in SHGB and allows for more free testosterone to be used in the body for its sought after anabolic properties.
Another reason cabbage is a tremendous addition to the daily diet of any man on testosterone therapy is its high Glutamine content. Glutamine is a muscle-building amino acid. In combination with a properly administered testosterone program and a healthy exercise regimen, Glutamine helps maintain and build healthy, strong muscles. It also assists with maintaining gains for a longer period after the conclusion of a testosterone therapy regimen. A study that was recently conducted on Seattle men denoted three or more servings of cruciferous vegetables, like cabbage, were able to reduce the risk of developing prostate cancer by half. 
Cancer patients benefit from the fermented vegetables’ Glutamine containing principles since, ordinarily, treatment for their illness causes a considerable amount of weight and muscle loss. The Glutamine helps to maintain muscle density throughout treatment. The immense healing potential of fermented vegetables, like cabbage, also contribute to making this a preferred choice for patients trying alternative methods of beating the disease. This point helps to bring home the magnitude of alleviation cabbage health benefits brings to cancer patients.
• Made by fermenting cabbage with red chili peppers, radishes, and plenty of garlic and ginger.
• Named a national treasure by the Korean government.
• Fermented food, if eaten on a regular basis, can reverse:
Leaky gut ~ A condition that manifests due to an inflamed/permeable intestinal membrane. This permits undigested food particles to enter the bloodstream.
Crohn’s disease ~ A condition in which the intestines get inflamed. Especially the colon and ileum. There is also an association with fistulae and ulcers.
Colitis ~ A condition in which the lining of the colon becomes inflamed.
Irritable bowel syndrome ~ common ailment that negatively impacts the large intestine (the colon). It causes abdominal pain, constipation, cramping, bloating, diarrhea and gas.
Chronic allergies ~ A condition where there is an abnormal biological response to an ordinarily harmless substance called an allergen.
* It is important to note that immune system disorders manifest as a result of these illnesses if left untreated.
You can determine it mandatory for a person experiencing any of these conditions to consume fermented vegetables on a regular basis. We must warn that, though cabbage health benefits are undeniable, one should never add to, or change, their current treatment plan without first consulting their physician. Once approved by the doctor, they should make sure to start a fermented vegetable regimen immediately.
- On March of 2005, BBC News aired a report showing officials in Korea giving Kim Chi to 13 chickens with bird flu. By the end of the report, 11 of those 13 chickens had recovered from the illness.
Let Us Help You
If you have any questions related to the above topic or are interested in participating in hGH, testosterone, sermorelin or related therapies, contact us and we will help you. You can fill out our short form and be called in 24 business hours or you can call us when it is convenient for you. Just dial: